Mr. Wong Chung Wan
M.Sc. (Building Science)
B.Eng. (Civil & Structural Engineering)
Mr. Wong has more than 30 years of extensive experience in materials consultancy, building envelope, building diagnosis and audit consulting works. He has undertaken a large number of projects providing 3rd party advisory and consulting services in building pathology, conservation and restoration of historical buildings, materials evaluation and environmental studies. In the course of this work, Mr. Wong has addressed numerous issues on durability and sustainability in both the design and construction stages such as service life prediction, durability study, maintainability, life cycle assessment (LCA) and conservation and restoration of buildings.
Mr Wong has co-authored Building Facades: A Guide to common Defects in Tropical Climates and presented at several conservation conferences locally and overseas. He has also served as technical expert and expert witness.
His current portfolio includes:
- Lecturer, BCA Academy on Green Mark Facilities Managers Course
- Expert Member, International Scientific Committee on the Analysis and Restoration of Structures of Architectural Heritage (ISCARSAH)
- Member, Technical Committee for Architectural Finishes, Singapore Productivity and Standards Board (SPRING); Convener of Working Group for Ceramic Tiles and Tiling Works
- Member, Façade Technical Committee, Institute of Engineers Singapore
- Member, Institute of Engineers Singapore